Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Gwen Designs and Simply Chickie Review

I recently had the pleasure of getting to test out a wonderful onesie from Gwen at Simply Chickie. Her designs are amazing and her onesies, t-shirts and hats are 100% organic cotton. How luxurious is that? As soon as I pulled the onesie I received out of it's envelope, I fell in love with the softness of it! It's an off white, no bleach! No dyes! I absolutely love that!

Here is a little background on organic cotton!

"Certified organic cotton is cotton grown in fields where the use of pesticides has been discontinued for at least 3 years and where rigorous controls help rebuild the soil's natural fertility. Organic farming is a farming system that relies on natural inputs only. No synthetically produced pesticides or fertilizers are used. Beneficial insects are allowed to flourish to keep pest insects in check. Crop rotations with legumes help maintain fertility and soil microbiology. Weeds are controlled with precision tillage and the old fashioned hoe. The successful organic farm requires much more intensive and innovative management."

Doesn't that seem like they care more? They have to put much more effort into harvesting natural, organic crops than normal farms. This time intensive process just screams CARE. Everyone should care as much as they do! I for one am so grateful that there are farms out there who care because we do have many more organic options for clothing available than we used to. We still need many more though! Thanks Gwen for only using natural fiber products for your items!

My onesie says "I want blue skies, white clouds, clear rain and clean oceans: but, right now, I'll settle for your golden, salty french fry"


Isn't that adorable? I love that! I love all things green and this slogan on my baby makes me oh so happy! Violet looks adorable in hers!


Others say things like "I toot toot" and there is a train!
As well as "Inside me I've got: world peace, 2 rainbows, light from 4 stars, green stuff, milk, some dog hair, and a raisin" I laughed so hard at that one! There is an adorable story to it too!

Story of Inside Me... design:
"I took a nap with Elizabeth when she was 6 months old. I rolled over and felt her soft breath on my face. While she was still sleeping, I whispered--what's inside of you? I thought about that concept for a day and came up with the poem that is printed on the shirt. It has become my most popular one to this day."

She carries shirts and onesies with many different pictures and sayings, all adorable or funny! I love unique things for babies. I have to admit, even I get tired of all the pink my baby girl wears. I love the messages of peace and the crunchiness of it all!

I also adore that you can buy matching hats! Anything that coordinates is right up my alley!

Any of the products you receive from Gwen are going to feel fabulous since all she uses is 100% organic cotton. It really is amazing the difference between natural fabrics and processed/synthetic fabrics! Gwen uses papers from around the world, paints and different gems to create her fabulous artwork printed on items for both boys and girls!

I also have to say they wash up very well! It is still a onesie after all! Go ahead and let your little one get dirty, these are easy peasy to clean. I washed mine in my normal wash routine. I also want to say they fit pretty true to size! I always have issues with Gerber onesies being smaller than the size they claim to be! These onesies fit wonderfully!

She also has an awesome blog, go check it out! It is fast becoming a favorite read for me!

http://www.gwendesigns.com/blog/

I feel so grateful that I had the opportunity to review my onesie because it is now a favorite in my daughter's wardrobe! I want to say a huge thank you to Gwen! She is a pleasure to work with and you can really tell that she puts a lot of time and care into the items she creates! She adds each graphic and wording piece by piece - it's all handmade! I love that! It makes me feel so special when I know that items I own have been cared about by the people who produce them, from the farmer to the designer to the manufacturer.

If you want one of these items for yourself, head over to her website! Prices are $14.00 for hats and $24.00 for the onesies and shirts! I think this is so reasonable for 100% organic fibers!

http://www.gwendesigns.com/

No comments :

Post a Comment