Wednesday, November 11, 2009

H1N1, Are You Vaccinating?

I would love to hear what my readers think about the H1N1 vaccine! We don't vaccinate for the regular flu shot, and do not plan on getting this one either, but I know a lot of people are. I feel like if I get my children this vaccine, it will be purely based on fear and I hate making decisions based on fear. As a mom, you already have plenty to worry about. I think that drug manufacturers cater to this fact. This vaccine just hasn't been tested long enough for my liking. I think it is disturbing that a PBS children's show had an episode all about flu vaccines. I dont think they should advertise vaccines to children. As a parent, it is up to me to make that choice for my child.

Off the subject of H1N1, if anyone is curious about the types of chemicals that are in regular vaccines, check this out.

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/downloads/appendices/B/excipient-table-2.pdf

This was published by the CDC, so it is their information. Some of it really disturbs me!

I am not opening this up as a debate or argument, just out of curiosity. Everyone around me is talking about H1H1 and I just wanted to hear others' takes on it. Please if you respond, be respectful to others' opinions. Lets have a friendly chat about this!

No comments :

Post a Comment