Monday, February 15, 2010

GreenPan Review

I have always worried about non-stick cookware. I am currently in the process of switching to all stainless steel because non-stick cookware gives me the heeby jeebies! When I came across GreenPan, my whole world changed! When they wanted to work with me on a review, my world was super happy! GreenPan is non-stick, safe cookware!

Check out this quote from the GreenPan website:

"Traditional non-stick is achieved by coating the fry pan with PTFE (PolyTetraFluoroEthylene); a waxy, synthetic substance. PTFE has well-documented disadvantages in practical household use. Above 260° C/500°F, this PTFE coating starts to decompose. The released fumes are proven to be lethal to small pets like birds! On humans, these fumes can potentially harm the respiratory tract and cause nausea and headaches. So, when you overheat your pan you damage not only your pan but possibly also your health."

Isn't that scary? Its even scarier that the vast majority of the public doesn't even know about these hazards! I always wondered, but really had no idea! One of the frying pans we have is non-stick and the black inside had started flaking off! I had to throw it out immediately! Those chemicals had flaked off into our food! GreenPan is all about convenience and sustainability! They like to call it "constainability!" I love that! We can have the conveince of non-stick and know that our choices are safe not only to us, but to the environment as well!

GreenPan uses Thermolon! Thermolon is heat resistant up to high temperatures. This means that GreenPan has an extra safety feature; if you overheat your pan, even up to 450°C/850°F, no toxic fumes will be released and the coating will not blister or peel. This is so cool!

GreenPan is also concious of the environment! Global Warming and climate change are real threats, and they produce products as environmentally friendly as they can! Their non-stick coating is made from minerals, instead of plastics!

We noticed that our GreenPan cooks far better than any traditional non-stick pan and we found out that is because Thermolon is a better heat conductor! Must be those minerals! I love how easy my pan is to clean as well! It is also very sturdy and a nice weight!

GreenPan has many different product lines ans styles to chose from, including cookware, professional cookware, bakeware and accessories!

Open frypan

Open frypan

Open frypan

































My open frying pan is the nicest pan I own! I am so lucky to have this in my collection and I cannot wait to add more to it! It is so reassuring that more and more options are being made avaiable to consumers when it comes to every day green products!

To purchase your own GreenPan:

Where to Buy

To learn more about GreenPan:

Learn More

To see the full collection:

Products

Thank you SO much to GreenPan for this fabulous review opportunity!

No comments :

Post a Comment