Saturday, February 27, 2010

POM Wonderful Review

Have you ever had pomegranate juice from POM Wonderful? I am in LOVE with the stuff. Not only is it amazingly good for you, it is so delicious too! I love the original and the cherry pomegranate juice. I think I have a taste for sweetly tart juices! Why is POM pomegranate juice so good for you? Let me fill you in.

POM Wonderful is the only brand guaranteed to contain 100% pomegranate juice and is backed by $32 million in medical research, primarily in the areas of prostate, cardiovascular and erectile function! My husband doesn't like tart juices, but I may force him to drink this! Or better yet, maybe I can sneak it in his food...

There are no added sugars, preservatives, colors or fillers! I love this! We know how much I love all natural!

They grow their own fruit, pick it by hand, squeeze it with their own presses and manufacture their own bottles! They don't use imported juice either! I love that they are natural and have jobs here in America.

Benefits:

Cardiovascular(this is especially important to my husband's health!):

POM Wonderful conducted a randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind clinical trial involving 289 subjects at moderate risk for coronary heart disease. They all consumed 8 ounces of either POM Wonderful juice or a placebo. After 18 months, 1/3 of POM patients' thickening of the carotid artery slowed!

After 3 months, blood flow to the heart improved 17% in the group that drank POM Wonderful, but worsened 18% in the group with the placebo!

To learn more about the amazing health benefits of POM Wonderful, check out this link:

http://www.pomwonderful.com/health/research/

What do I love about POM Wonderful the most? The antioxidants!! Hundreds of scientific tests show POM to be superior as a source of antioxidants! It has more potent antioxidants than red wine, grape juice, blueberry juice, cranberry juice, green tea, vitamin C and vitamin E!

Another interesting fact?

Many scholars now suggest that it was the pomegranate, not an apple, depicted in the biblical Garden of Eden! They are one of our earliest fruits and man first began planting pomegranate trees between 4000 B.C. and 3000 B.C.

I received free samples of POM Wonderful to not only enjoy, but to try out in recipes! It never occurred to me to use this in recipes, but check out all the different ones they have on their site:

http://www.pomwonderful.com/recipes/category/chef-series/

I tried out the POM Velvet Cupcakes with POM Cream Cheese Frosting and they were to die for!

POM Velvet Cupcakes with POM Cream Cheese Frosting

Aren't they adorable? They taste heavenly too! Remember how I said I was going to sneak POM Wonderful juice into my husband's food? Bingo! Success! I do have to say I did not buy a pomegranate to use the arils on top and the frosting turned out more darker than pink for me but that did not take away from the flavor. I thought the cakes were delicious and the frosting was amazing! I think if I make these for a party, I will add some red food coloring to make it more pinkish. To check out this recipe, go here:

http://www.pomwonderful.com/recipes/pom-velvet-cupcakes-with-pom-cream-cheese-frosting/

The next recipe on my list? Cinnamon French Toast with POM Apple Compote!

I had a fabulous time drinking and cooking with this POM Wonderful Juice and I cant wait to do more!

I just want to say a big thank you to the wonderful people at POM Wonderful for sending me juice to test out and review! You guys are amazing!

No comments :

Post a Comment