Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Soda Stream Review!

From tap water to carbonated water and soda in seconds? What kind of magical invention is this? SodaStream baby. I was thrilled to find out I would be doing a review with SodaStream. I mean, I was giddy! What is SodaStream? An at home soda maker! Genius! My husband is a soda drinker and I love the occasional diet soda. We would go through dozens of cans and bottles every single month. Even with recycling, I still felt horrible. With SodaStream, we can make our own soda in reusable bottles at home!

SodaStream machines use no electricity and they have a variety of colors to match your home decor! We keep ours on our counter and we keep the bottles full of water in the fridge to keep them nice and cold when we are ready to make a soda! Are you wondering what it looks like? Here ya go!

Fountain Jet - Soda Starter Kit

Let me walk you through what is in the picture. This is the SodaStream Fountain Jet Starter Kit. It is on sale right now for $99.95 and is usually priced at $108.98. You get the SodaStream machine in red, black/silver, or white. You also get a CO2 cylinder to add carbonation to your sodas. The starter kit comes with 2 one liter bottles and caps as well as 2 bottles of soda mix in the flavors of your choice! Such an amazing value!

When I got my SodaStream I was jumping up and down with excitement! I opened it from the box and right away wanted to test it out. It was extremely easy to put together! You take the CO2 cartridge and put it in the back of the SodaStream, screw a bottle full of water on and add your carbonation. There is a button on the top that you push to add the desired amount of fizz to your sodas. They say to use around 2 to 3 pushes, which we found to be enough for us, but some want more or less! My son and I immediately made root beer and it tasted just like "regular" soda, because it is! The sodamix comes in bottles I like to compare to laundry soap bottles. The caps look like miniature versions of the caps on detergent! You fill them up and gently pour into your carbonated water. Gently mix and enjoy!

How easy is that? There is nothing to clean except the bottles! You should hand wash the bottles and don't freeze them! I adore that I am reusing bottles and not using electricity to make my soda! These are truly environmentally friendly! Want to know how they get even more enviro-friendly? They exchange your CO2 cartridges! As soon as your cartridge is empty, go and order another one, called and exchange carbonator. You will either leave your empty cartridges outside to be picked up locally or when SodaStream sends your new ones, they wil send a prepaid box to put your old ones in and mail back! So easy! So Earth friendly! Way to go SodaStream!

With SodaStream you will save a ton of money as well!! With SodaStream you are paying just 25 cents per can of soda! That is amazing value! SodaStream is for the thrifty and eco-concious! You cant normally say those 2 things together! I always find more ways to be thrifty but it is hard buying organic and Earth safe products! SodaStream is truly life changing, wallet changing and Earth changing!

I cant say enough good things about this product! For my family, there is no down side! The ONLY issue we ran into was figuring out how much carbonation we needed. For the sparkling waters we figured out we liked less carbonation or else you can kind of taste it. For regular sodas and the energy drinks, 3 pumps worked wonderfully!

We also love the variety of flavors SodaStream offers! You can get regular cola, diet cola, energy drinks, orange soda, the list is endless! Check out all the flavors:

Regular Flavors
Diet Flavors
Energy Drink
MyWater

My husband is addicted to the energy drink and swears it tastes just like a Monster energy drink!

If you would like to purchase your own SodaStream starter kit, head here. Dont let yourself be turned off by the initial investment, because it is well worth it!

Thank you SodaStream for this AMAZING review opportunity!!

2 comments :

  1. What a great review opportunity! I am definitely going to look into this! My boys would be so excited to do make their own soda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we have had the sodastream for a few years already and love it. all the reasons you mention. plus we make our own flavors out of juices and concentrates so we get crazy combinations

    ReplyDelete