Monday, March 29, 2010

Pop Art's Original Mickey 5-in-1 Tasty Baker Review

When I first learned about Pop Art Toasters, I knew we had to have one! Hopefully for Mother's Day. I find my Mother's Day list getting longer and longer now! I had no idea that Pop Art makes a 5-in-1 Tasty Baker. When you first hear that name, I am sure many images go through your head, but picture a waffle maker - but cooler! This baby can make eggs, pancakes, brownies, bread, etc. I got to test out the Mickey 5-in-1 Tasty Baker and my son was in heaven while my husband and I tried to figure it out! He adores Mickey Mouse. They are definitely fun for little kids. Tasty Bakers come in an Standard, Mickey, and a Princess design. Check out my Mickey one:

My son was so thrilled with this! We had to try it out immediately, and we did. Here are my pros and cons:

Pros
- It is insanely cute!
- Once you figure out what temperature you need it on, it really works and makes the cutest pancakes ever.
- They are affordable - only $34.99. They would make awesome presents.

Cons
- The temperature gauge is 1, 2, 3 and 4. We found this confusing, but this could just be us. We made pancakes and when we use a griddle, we set it to the temperature it needs, but with this, we weren't sure what 1 was supposed to mean. We used a 3 and after we figured out how long they needed to cook for, they turned out great.

- We wish there was a separate sheet that gave you cooking times. For example:
- For pancakes turn dial to a 2 and cook for 5 minutes or something like that. It would be super helpful.

I told my husband I want to make banana bread and he told me I was on my own! He said it would take 4 days to make banana bread with our Tasty Baker. I disagree with him on this one. The pieces the Tasty Baker makes are so cute and the perfect size for little hands. I do agree it will take awhile, but wouldn't be a big deal to throw a batch in while I cook something else.

I love the small design and that it is easy to store. I also found the clean-up to be easier than I expected. It comes with a little brush to clean the plates out really well! It also comes with a little scoop so you use just the right amount of batter.

I think the Tasty Baker is worth figuring out cooking times because it makes my children so happy! Also, I would like to say that the instructions say to cook for 1/3 regular cooking time and that gets a little tricky for pancakes, so that may have been why we had some trouble. With bread and things I know how long to cook for, I just want to make sure I pick the right temperature. It does take a little trial and error, but it's a fun process while you are doing it! Once you figure out the temperatures and get them written down, the cooking time will be really fast, so that is a plus! I know I will have fun experimenting, even if my Husband doesn't participate!

You can purchase any of the super cool Pop Art items on their website!

Pop Art Toaster is starting a new program that focuses on how their items can help children who are autistic. They are ready to give samples in exchange for detailed feedback and possibly a diary of the child’s progress in conjunction with our product. They are reaching out to all influencers of the autism community for their support.

If you have a child with Autism or know someone who does and would be interested in participating with them, let me know. Send me and email and I can pass it along to them. I think this program is such a great idea and makes me love the company even more because my cousin is Autistic. The people over at Pop Art are so sweet and have the best customer service!

Thanks so much Pop Art, for letting me review your Mickey 5-in-1 Tasty Baker!!

No comments :

Post a Comment