Check out her etsy Bio:
My son was born with Autism. At first it was severe, now it seems mostly cured. In the times when he couldn't talk or threw fits I felt lost. I found myself frustrated and exhausted. I made art at night to center. Anything, journals, paper, acrylic paintings.
Now I see art as a part of our therapy together. I don't know why we dodged the bullet, but I am so grateful to see him downgraded to very mild autism or better... but we still do art. He loves words and numbers, it is one of the things that drew me to creations on recycled paper that already had a rich background of words.
I love to restore. I saw my son restored. I do 90% of my art on land-fill bound materials. I also give money every time I sell a piece to one of the most amazing non-profits ever: charity water.org... If you have restoration in your life you MUST pass it on.
Have a look at some of her art.
Don't those rock?! I am in love with the owl and flower! She is so talented. I am absolutely blown away with her work! I may not be able to draw or paint, but I sure know how to shop! I love creative artwork, and now I have a go-to shop for art for my kids' rooms!
One very lucky Getting Kinda Crunchy reader is going to win a $15.00 gift certificate to Kelly's Etsy Shop - Cookstah! To enter, you must like bluedoor fine art on Facebook! This entry is mandatory and please leave me your email address!
- Follow me on Google Friend Connect
- Follow me on Networked Blogs
- Follow me on Facebook
- Follow me on Twitter
- Tweet this giveaway daily for one extra entry every single day! You must come back and leave me a comment every day and leave me your tweet link. Please use this tweet:
Getting Kinda Crunchy is giving away a $15.oo gift certificate to Cookstah Etsy Shop http://nblo.gs/5mnCi @crunchyngreen #giveaway ends7/28
- SUBSCRIBE - click the little envelope in the upper right hand corner!
- Blog about this giveaway and leave me the link
- Grab my button and leave me the link
- Grab my Baby Shower Bash button and leave me the link
- Vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs. To vote, click the picture in my right sidebar!
This giveaway will end July 28th at midnight. The winner will be chosen via random.org and will be notified by email and a posting on this blog. As always, they will have 48 hours to respond before I pick a new winner! Thanks guys and good luck!
A HUGE thank you to Kelly over at Cookstah for this awesome giveaway to my readers!