Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Baby Shower Bash #28: The No-Cry Separation Anxiety Solution by Elizabeth Pantley

http://www.myorganizedchaos.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/no-cry-separation-anxiety-solution-gentle-ways-to-make-good-bye-easy-from-six-months-to-six-years.jpg


My daughter is much more of a mama's girl than my son ever was and I always wonder if she will have a hard time with me leaving her in strange places. I know the first couple of times I left her with my grandma, she was not happy about me walking away. I know she was trying to figure out why she couldn't come along too. It broke my heart. I know so many moms and dads are put in this very position every single day. The No-Cry Separation Anxiety Solution by Elizabeth Pantley arms parents with the tools they need to make saying good-bye pain free from ages six months to six years.

I love that this book is broken down into seven easy to ready chapters:

1) All About Separation Anxiety in Early Childhood

2) No-Cry Solutions for Babies and Toddlers

3) The Magic Bracelet Solution for No-Cry Separation

4) No-Cry Solutions for Preschool and School-Age Children

5) Solving Specific Separation Solutions

6) Parents' Separation Anxiety

7) Extreme Emotions: Separation Anxiety Disorder

When I was reading this book I just remember nodding along. It all sounded so familiar to me! I love that there are separate chapters for babies/toddlers and preschool/school aged children. It made it easy to find the information that would help me the most. I also love the incredibly clever Magic Bracelet idea! We all know that babies and children can become attached to certain items, especially ones that remind them of mom and dad and that comfort them. Both of my children loved blankies. The familiar smell and touch they provided was a lifesaver! The Magic Bracelet is like wearing a portable version of mom or dad! Kids can wear their bracelet and feel safe and secure. It's like a much more portable security blanket.

One section of the book that hit home in a major way for me was the chapter called Parents' Separation Anxiety. I had this BIG TIME with my first born. I never wanted to leave him. I would worry about anything and everything happening to him if he wasn't with me 24/7. In hindsight I realize this was insane and a little OCD, but at the time it was a very real feeling for me. I would have done anything to have gotten to read this chapter back then, because the things Elizabeth had to say were comforting and made perfect sense.

Even if you don't think you will have separation anxiety issues, I seriously recommend all parents read this book. I think every child experiences some anxiety about leaving mom or dad and I know more parents have had to feel the anxiety I felt at leaving my baby. This book makes you feel sane and normal. I know I am not alone with my problems and I now have some incredibly helpful solutions.

Trusted parenting author Elizabeth Pantley offers many other No-Cry Books:
- The No-Cry Sleep Solution
- The No-Cry Sleep Solution for Toddlers and Preschoolers
- The No-Cry Potty Training Solution
- The No-Cry Discipline Solution(I want to read this!)
- The No-Cry Nap Solution

I have heard nothing but amazing things about The No-cry Sleep Solution, though I have never read it. With just moving into a new home, I think I need it! My kids have had horrible sleep patterns since we moved in and are not sleeping in their own beds. I think a trip to the bookstore is in order, especially before I add a new baby into the mix.

Having problems saying good-bye to your babies? Pick up a copy of The No-Cry Separation Anxiety Solution at amazon.com for $11.53!

I want to say a tremendous thank you to Elizabeth Pantley for the opportunity to review this book and for putting us parents at ease! Thank you for putting up with my flood and moving!

Disclaimer: I received free product to review. I was not paid to write this and all opinions are my own!

No comments :

Post a Comment