Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Kushies Review

I found cloth diaper love when I was still pregnant with my second baby, Violet. One of my best friends had sent me adorable homemade cloth diapers and covers and I became obsessed with all of the cuteness. My baby wasn't even born yet, and I knew cloth diapering was the right fit for us. I wanted to kick myself for not doing it with my son! I wanted to kick myself for ever thinking it was icky or "not for me". Ever since my first taste of fluff, I have wanted to try out all of the various styles, types and brands out there, and I am proud to say I have!

As a member of an awesome cloth diaper forum(www.diaperswappers.com anyone?), I had seen Kushies diapers for sale and had heard others speak about them. Most of what I had heard was that they were hard or crunchy to the touch. I was very anxious to get to try this brand out for myself. I'm not one to take another person's word for something. I need to get my hands on it!


http://cache.gifts.com/photos/opd/W/6/N/L/W6NL5HUKYYJVCKSGP56S.jpg

For review we were sent the Ultra-Lite Infant Trial Pack and I was incredibly impressed. These diapers were not hard or crunchy at all. In fact, I found them to be nice and soft. We got the gender neutral green colors and fell in love with the patterns right away. Both my husband and myself thought the diapers were very stylish and retro. The trial packs are available in pink and blue as well as the green we were sent.

There are many cloth diaper options out there, but these are the all in one variety. There are no extra steps, just wash, dry and slap on a booty. They are extremely user friendly and tend to be favorites among the dads out there. My husband really loved using these diapers on our daughter and they were frequently the ones he reached for.

Here is a quote from the website about these diapers:

"Our Ultra-Lite Diaper features 6 layers of 100% cotton-flannel, a special middle soaker layer for increased absorbency, and an outer waterproof barrier for a complete waterproof diapering system. The patented, built-in flap can be folded up for boys or in the middle for girls for extra absorbency where they need it most. Extended tabs with an adjustable hook & loop closure system ensure a snug & secure fit. Simple to use, and another great performer! Adding washable cotton liners helps increase absorbency while padding the diaper for a snug fit, and our flushable, biodegradable liners *(not recommended for use with septic systems) make diaper clean up a breeze! Use washcloths as diaper wipes for a natural, economical alternative."

Each Trail Pack includes:

- 2 Ultra-Lite Diapers
- 2 Washcloths
- 2 Washable Cotton Diaper Liners
- 10 Flushable, Biodegradable Diaper Liners

The Ultra-Lite Diapers fit babies from 10-22 pounds and the trial packs retail for $32.99. This is a killer price for those parents wanting to try out cloth diapering without spending a fortune!

I STILL need to snag a picture of my princess rocking her Kushies diapers, but here are some pictures of what is included in each Trial Pack:





She is currently 25 pounds, but is still able to wear them when we need them. Violet is potty trained at home, but not when we are out or at night.

Speaking of at night, we have used these diapers at night with no leak issues, but she is 2 years old and I think is much more capable of holding her pee than a three month old. As far as day use, we have had no leaks or blowouts and she really seems to enjoy wearing them!

We were more than thrilled with our Kushies experience and I have to say how extremely wonderful they are for putting up with my slow pregnant butt! I have had these diapers for quite awhile and they have been phenomenal with me. They have awesome customer service and a high quality, affordable product!

For a list of retailers, click here.

Kushies is not just about diapers, they offer a ton of products for baby, so head on over to their website and check it out!

Follow Kushies on Facebook

Follow Kushies on Twitter

I want to say a HUGE thank you to the lovely people over at Kushies for this fabulous review opportunity! And thank you again for putting up with my slowness!

Disclaimer: I received free product to review. I was not paid to write this and all opinions are my own.

No comments :

Post a Comment