Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Baby Shower Bash #14: Dipe n' Go!!


RMI Enterprises LLC is a New Jersey based company that specializes in unique product-based solutions for parents. Dipe n' Go was their debut product and it launched in 2009 at the ABC Expo in Las Vegas. It was immediately embraced by leading retail establishments, and I can sure tell why! I can't wait to see what else this fabulous company has in store for us parents on the go. The company was founded by the lovely Rose Marie, who had never envisioned herself as an inventor. A sudden job loss mixed in with being a busy Mom formed her idea and wallah! Us lucky Mamas get the Dipe n' Go portable changing mat.

So what is a Dipe n' Go? Take a peek:


Okay, so envision a hatch back SUV or car(we have a Dodge Caliber). This baby attaches to the side of the inside of that hatch-back so you can just change your baby back there! No more searching for a restroom or changing a baby on your lap! It folds up and then there is a Velcro flap to keep it all upright. It also has pockets to hold wipes, diapers and thing like diaper cream. I absolutely adored this product....until it got to be 112 degrees here in the dead of Summer. I live in Arizona and heat + adhesive don't mix.

So what happened? The Dipe n' Go attaches to the side of the hatch back using a nice size strip of adhesive. This adhesive stuck pretty good in May/beginning of June, but by the end of June it was toast. The heat kept making it fall right off. This totally broke my heart, though I do not blame the Dipe n' Go. I blame this horrid Arizona heat. I cannot wait for it to cool off enough to reattach it and hopefully by next Summer it will have been on there long enough to not fall off in the heat. I think I am going to try attaching double sided Velcro and attach it that way as well!

I refuse to not use this product, so for now, it just lays in the back of the car. I use it every single time we go out! In fact, I just used it today when I took my Son to the dentist. It is so amazingly handy and so nice to just be able to keep the stuff I need back there. I also keep a change of clothes for my daughter rolled up in mine. This makes the Dipe n' Go especially amazing if you are a minimalist like I am. I just grab the kids and go and I know everything I need is in the car already, including the changing table!

You can purchase the Dipe n' Go at Babies R Us(ships free!) or any of these other retailers for $19.99.

I love my Dipe n' Go, even with the heat issue, and I plan on using it a very long time! As soon as I get it stuck back up I will take a picture to post on here!

Follow Dipe n' Go on Facebook

Follow Dipe n' Go on Twitter

A huge thank you goes out to Rose Marie for this fabulous review opportunity and for making such a great product! Thank you for putting up with my flood!

Disclaimer: I received free product to review. I was not paid to write this and all opinions are my own.

No comments :

Post a Comment