Monday, January 10, 2011

Getting Back in the Swing - Updates!

Hey guys! Who else has been in the "New Year New Outlook" mode? I know I have been spending the last week or so figuring out what I want with my year and my life. I think it is so important to reflect and make goals. I don't really go in to resolutions, but I think a fresh new year is a great time to wipe the slate clean and start fresh.

I live in Tucson, AZ and, as I'm sure many of you have heard, Gabrielle Giffords was the target at a shooting on Saturday January 8, 2011. She was not killed, but six others, including a 9 year old girl were killed. This event broke my heart and made me squeeze my children close. I cannot believe that people would do this kind of thing and kill 100% innocent people. It makes my stomach turn and makes me question what kind of future my children have in this country. If you are in the Tucson area and have type O Positive or O Negative blood, please donate.

My fresh start has an even stronger meaning for me after seeing this event unfold. It makes me prioritize my life and what is important. I am grateful for each and every day I get to spend with my husband and children, and this year my focus is 100% on them.

I plan on getting us on a better schedule before this baby is born and I am also working on potty training my almost 2 year old! Violet will be 2 on February 3rd, 2011! I cannot believe it! I also will be celebrating my 25th birthday on January 24th. I think mother/daughter pedicures are in order!

Even though this isn't focusing on my family, it will help us in the long run. I really want to get my house in order before the baby comes. We need an organized, fresh start.

We are planning more trips and fun things to do as a family this year, including visiting with my hubby's sister, going to Oregon to see my family, doing The Polar Express again and spending Christmas in PA with Jon's family. Our focus is on family and saving every penny we have for a potential major life change for us in a couple of years!

My focus will also be on making this blog bigger and better than ever. I have a few obligations left that will be going up this week and then the rest of January will be dedicated to more reflection, planning and blog goals.

The following 8 companies have my full attention this week:

Posh Little Tutus

Curly Cue Wall Graphics

Intelligender

Sunbelt

Yobaby

HappyBaby

Kushies

AND

Ecominders


Thanks for all of your continuing support and I cannot wait to bring you more awesome reviews and giveaways for 2011! What are all of your new year goals?

No comments :

Post a Comment