Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Lets Talk About Pregnancy

So the joys of pregnancy are definitely among me. It seems every single day there is something new that I am loathing. I do have to say that I am one of those women who prefers motherhood to pregnancy any day! I actually was fooled into thinking that this pregnancy was going to be my golden one though. I wasn't sick at all and with both of my other babies I was deathly sick and hospitalized with hyperemesis gravidarum. I thought I had hit the jackpot with not getting sick!

Boy was I wrong. Little did I know I would be stuck dealing with a condition much worse than 20 weeks of throwing up. I would much rather lose 20 pounds in the beginning of my pregnancy than have to deal with excruciating hip pain for the entire nine months!

Apparently I am suffering from a ligament issue in my right hip. I never knew a ligament issue could cripple me. The way it was explained to me is basically my pelvis is jiggling all over the place because my ligament has relaxed TOO much. This causes me horrible pain and makes it so I literally cant get up most of the time. Tylenol 3 has been prescribed to me and that is a whole new kind of treat in my life. I cannot take it while taking care of my children because it makes me sleepy and it also SUPER constipates you, which is already an issue during pregnancy. Oh joy.


I do have to say that other than my horrible hip issues, this pregnancy is going amazing. I cannot believe I am going to be 26 weeks on 2/4! I cannot believe my baby girl is going to be 2 years old on 2/3! I can tell this year is going to go by in a blur and I am just soaking it all in. I want to remember every single moment because they are going to be gone in a blink. How did Violet get to be two?!

I think severe pregnancy hormones and hip pain go hand in hand. I am not an emotional person normally or even during my other pregnancies, but this time I am a crying machine. EVERYTHING makes me cry, and I am soaking that all in too I guess lol.

Other pregnancy symptoms I am experiencing:

TONS of braxton hicks contractions - which my OB says "good that means your body is getting ready!"

and a TON of fetal movement. They say she is the most active right now and I believe it!


Other than those minor complaints, I am happy and healthy and growing a very active little girl! I cannot wait to meet her and add her to our adorable little family.

Oh! We did add a member to our family recently though. A dog! Her name is Silver and we got her from the Humane Society. She is 1 1/2 years old and a darling little dog! She is a hound of some kind and just perfect for our family. Jon wants to find her a pink John Deere collar lol.

I hope everyone is doing awesome and looking forward to all of the exciting things coming up on my blog! Time to get to work!

Danielle

1 comment :

  1. Have you tried visiting a chiropractor? It may not eliminate the pain but it may help to make it more manageable!

    ReplyDelete