Monday, October 24, 2011

LARABAR




The lovely people over at Larabar sent me several samples to try out and I am so incredibly happy they did. My husband and I are always on the lookout for healthy snacks that actually taste good and these bars exceded our expectations.



The thing I love the most about Larabar is that they are gluten free. I am about to undergo testing for celiac disease and if I am diagnosed, I wont be able to eat gluten anymore. At this point I find myself wondering what products gluten ISN'T in because it is in SO many things. What is gluten doing in a Twizzler anyway? I am constantly on the hunt for yummy gluten free snacks and I am so happy that all Larabars are gluten free!





For more information about Larabars and special diets, click here.




I wanted to talk to you guys about two specific Larabar flavors I was sent. One is my absolute favorite and one was not such a huge hit.




First up is Cherry Pie. This bar is a complete WIN for me. I have since purchased several more of these bars to keep in my diaper bag for mommy hunger emergencies! It's perfectly sweet and tart just like a cherry and completely satisfied my sweet tooth. I even gave my kids a bite and they loved it just as much as I did.




"Tart and tasty, chewy, but not ooey or gooey, our Cherry Pie contains 1 full serving of fruit, 5 grams of fiber and 5 grams of protein. The simple, 3-ingredient mix of unsweetened cherries, dates and almonds, packs a big flavor with a dollop of fun. "







The flavor that was not a win for me was the Lemon Bar. I was super sad this wasn't my favorite. I adore lemon and this just wasn't what I expected. I wanted more lemon flavor. Dont get me wrong, it was still good, I guess I just like my lemon to be stronger.


One thing I found truly interesting about Larabar products is that each bar contains no more than 9 ingredients and they are all made from whole foods. I love how simple and delicious they are. I also like that they wont freeze or melt. I can keep a bar in my bag and not worry about the 100 degree weather here in Arizona.


I strongly urge you guys to check out Larabars and give them a try because I think you will be pleasantly surprised. They really fill you up and are an awesome healthy snack for when you are on the go!




I want to say a huge thank you to Larabar for sending some bars my way and for opening my eyes to their fantastic product!




Disclaimer: I received free product to review. I was not paid to write this and all opinions are my own.

No comments :

Post a Comment