Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Lansinoh Review!

I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I was when I found out I would be working with Lansinoh on a review. Not only that, but it was FOUR items. I was completely blown away! I have always loved their lanolin and nursing pads. I am pretty sure every breastfeeding mama knows about Lansinoh and has some of their products as staples! If you don't, then hold on, because I am hoping to make you a believer. I swear by their nursing pads and now I swear by other items of theirs as well.


The first product I decided to put to the test was the Momma Straw Cup. I have an 18 month old who is still breastfeeding, but she does drink from a cup. I thought the Momma cup looked so unique and it is such an awesome design concept. The bottom sort of rolls so it doesn't tip over. Remember those Weebles? They wobble but they don't fall down? This cup has the same concept. I also love the straw design. The inside of the straw cup is designed in such a way that you can always get liquid out and I love that. The straw doesn't have to be situated in there perfectly in order for them to get a drink. The outside portion of the straw is super flexible and soft. It bends right down into the lid to store with no issues. This has become our number one go-to cup for outings or just being at home. We even bought another one to add to our rotation because one just wasn't enough! I purchased my second cup(this one came with handles) at Diapers.com for $9.99 and it is worth every penny. You can also find them at Target, Walmart, etc. The Momma line also has bottles and regular sippy cup lids instead of straws. I also love that if you buy the bottles, the nipples are interchangeable with the straw and sippy cup lids! I love that you get more bang for your buck.




The next product I got to test run was the Momma GO2 Bag. Yes, you heard me right ladies, a diaper bag! I had NO idea Lansinoh's Momma line contained adorable diaper bags! You can imagine how excited I was to hear I would get to tote one around and give my opinion! Well, here it is! This bag is fantastic! I will start off by saying that if you need to pack enough for more than one baby then this is not your bag. My older kids are six and three and I no longer need to carry around items for them in my diaper bag so this was perfect for me. I strongly dislike big, bulky diaper bags. I am a simple mama when it comes to outings. As long as I have diapers, wipes and a change of clothes, I am good to go. I definitely dont carry the kitchen sink, so if you do, find another bag. The GO2 bag is the most well thought out diaper bag I have ever owned. It has a series of antimicrobial pockets on the inside, a thermal bottle/cup zipper pocket, a mommy pocket in the front with plenty of storage and a key hook! I cannot tell you how genius this key hook is. I am always losing my keys in the bottom of my bag, but not anymore! My favorite part of this bag is the changing pad. It's a pad and a pouch in one. You can store a diaper and wipes right inside and just grab the whole pad for a quick diaper change. I have never owned anything like this before and it is so handy! I also love that is is coated in the same antimicrobial coating for hygiene! I am super impressed with this bag!


I think I was most excited to try out the Lansinoh TheraPearl 3-in-1 Breast Therapy. It is a new product and is simply genius. It is basically a hot or cold pack for your tatas. It is shaped to fit them perfectly and is filled with tiny beads that move and conform so it is not hard on your boobies. The TheraPearls come in a 2 pack and also come with covers so you don't freeze or burn yourself. The awesome part about the covers is they have little straps with snaps that can wrap around a breast pump to keep them on while you are pumping! I think that is so brilliant and such a clever idea. We recently found out we are expecting baby #4 and ever since then my breasts have gone through some funky changes. I am still breastfeeding my 18 month old and have new pregnancy soreness on top of it. I have been using these either cold or warm daily to help with the soreness I am experiencing. Typically, you would use them cold for things like engorgement and warm for things like mastitis. Knock on wood, I have never had mastitis, but I am so glad this product exists if I ever do! 



The last product I tested out were the Soothies Gel Pads. I know a lot of mamas have used these and love them, so I was stoked to get the chance to see what I think. Simply put, I love them! They basically are gel nursing pads that stick right to your nipple/breast. I have no idea what makes them so fabulous but I am happy they exist. Along with breast soreness, I have been experiencing unbearable nipple soreness. It is unlike anything I have ever experienced before. I know it's because I am pregnant and breastfeeding, which I have never done before! People had warned me how much it would hurt, but I was unprepared. Thank God I had these Soothies on hand because they have truly been a blessing in my life! They feel so amazing and cool on sore, angry nipples. They last about a week and are reusable until they are completely saturated and they really got me through the awful nipple stage of this pregnancy. So, if you are a pregnant nursing mama, have these bad boys handy! I swear by them now!


I am just a Lansinoh lover. I have always had wonderful experiences with their customer service. They are so helpful if you have any questions and they offer a wealth of knowledge about breastfeeding! I have loved this review opportunity and they have been so so so patient with me in getting it done. Early pregnancy is not easy, especially when it's a surprise! 


Are you interested in any of the products I talked about? Want to see what else they offer?

Here is the Lansinoh website, scroll down and on the right hand sidebar there will be a search widget to find where to buy Lansinoh products!

Click here to find out where you can purchase Momma products!

Things I adore about the Lansinoh Website:


- The Nurture Notes breastfeeding newsletter! You can even check out a sample newsletter before signing up. This is also how you will find special offers available!

- A back to work checklist for nursing mamas


Their website is invaluable for breastfeeding mamas and if you have any questions, I know they would give you answers! Just contact them and ask away! They also have an awesome blog called On Cloud Mom which is also full of awesome information!

Still not enough reading for you? Then hop on over to their Facebook and Twitter pages!

A huge thank you to Lansinoh for this review opportunity! Thanks for being so patient with me!




Disclaimer: I received free product to review. I was not paid to write this and all opinions are my own!

No comments :

Post a Comment