Wednesday, April 3, 2013

28 Week Pregnancy Update

How far along?  28 weeks! Getting closer and closer. Time is flying by!


Total weight gain/Measurements? I've gained 5 pounds total for the whole pregnancy. I have a feeling it's gonna go up, up, up now! Mama is hungry!


Maternity clothes: Wearing about 5 different outfits and making it work. Let's see if I can keep wearing these maternity shirts throughout the rest of the pregnancy! I have a feeling I may need a couple more.


Stretch marks: No new stretch marks! But my belly is super itchy. Trying not to scratch and using my Mama Bee Oil like crazy!


Sleep: Still having pelvic pain that is driving me craaaazy but other than that I am sleeping well.


Best moment this week: My 28 week midwife appointment. I met the last of the 6 midwives, Fran, and she was awesome. An older lady who really knows her stuff. I would be so lucky to have her deliver my baby. She said my weight gain has been phenomenal. Blood pressure was 114/70. Baby's heartbeat was 140 and it has been in the 140s this entire time. She also told me baby was head down for the time being, which may be the cause of my pelvic pain since this is my 4th baby. She suggested buying a maternity support belt, so I am going to look into them. This pain is clearly here to stay. We also talked about Spinning Babies and I told her I was doing some of the exercises on there to help baby from being posterior like my last 3. She talked to me more about this OB consult I have to have and told me they will be doing a growth ultrasound. I'm irritated with that since I don't want them finding a reason to give me a c-section. And we had better not accidentally see the gender! It was a great appointment, I'm just hoping I can keep my weight gain in check over the next 10-12 weeks.


Movement: Lots of rolls and big movements this week. Not so many kicks, but definitely rolling and turning.


Food cravings: Watermelon!


Anything making you sick? No! No sickness at all this pregnancy! woohoo!


Gender: We don't know and we have no idea! I say it's a girl. My husband says it's a boy. I am ALWAYS wrong and he is always right haha. The girl name is still set, but we are working on a boy name still. Naming a person is so hard!


Labor signs: Nope and I want to keep it that way. I went into preterm labor with my 3rd at 32 weeks. Just having braxton hicks but nothing alarming. No changes.


Symptoms:  We went camping and I had a lot of swelling. According to my scale, I have gained more weight since my appointment a week ago, but I am thinking it's from swelling. It was warm out and I think I am retaining water. Plus I am probably holding on to water from the camping food we ate. I'm drinking a ton of water and eating healthy and we will see what the scale says in a week or so. I am not going to stress, just eat healthy and hope for the best. Still having the pelvic pain, but no other symptoms. Hiking while pregnant did NOT help the pelvic pain at allll.


Belly button in or out?  Definitely out and I hate it. I don't think it's ugly but it's so uncomfortable. It seems like June Bug is always poking it out more. Creeps me out!


Wedding rings on or off? On! I have never had to take them off before :) but they did hurt when I swelled up while camping.


Happy or Moody Most of the time? I was definitely more moody and stressed out on our camping trip and I felt bad. That was only about the 1st day or so though thank goodness. I can feel my patience getting shorter and shorter and I hate that. I have to keep reminding myself to be patient with my kids. Other than that, I feel happy.


Most looking forward to: Getting to 30 weeks!

My next midwife appointment is at 31 weeks on April 15th and I have my OB consult at 32 weeks on April 22nd.
Danielle

No comments :

Post a Comment