Sunday, November 10, 2013

Fairhaven Health Nursing Blend Review

This is my fourth go-around with nursing, but only the first time that I've known that there are vitamins specially formulated for us nursing mamas! I cant begin to tell you how exciting it is to me that someone thought of us. I always wondered if a nursing mom's needs were different from a pregnant mama. After all, both stages in life are nourishing a child. I found out that nursing mamas need more of key nutrients like Vitamin D3. This makes sense considering they recommend Vitamin D supplements for breastfed babies.

How did I find out about vitamins specifically designed for nursing moms? I was introduced to Fairhaven Health's Nursing Blend. They told me about it when I did my PregEase and DreamBelly Butter reviews and I could not wait to have my baby and give it a try! Now that my little guy is four months old, I finally got the chance. I've been taking the Nursing Blend for a month now and I have zero plans to stop. I feel amazing while taking them. I just have to say this is my favorite current vitamin/supplement. And NO, I am not being paid to say that. I honestly mean it!



Like I said earlier, nursing moms DO have different needs than a pregnant mom. We need higher levels of Vitamin D3, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Niacin, and Folic Acid. I definitely believe this, because breastfeeding moms need 500 more calories per day. During pregnancy we only need 300 extra calories. It's a lot of work making nutrient rich milk for our babies! Fairhaven Health kept us in mind and created the perfect blend designed for nursing.

Check out these ingredients:




The unique thing about this blend is that it also contains galactagogues. Not familiar with those? They are lactation enhancers. They help us make more milk. Fairhaven Health Nursing Blend contains a concentrated form of Fenugreek to stimulate milk production, as well as Fennel Seed, Coriander Seed, Anise Seed, Chamomile Flower and Vervain Herb. This would be especially helpful for moms who need to pump. I've been pumping a small stash and I saw a drastic increase after taking this blend. Prior to Nursing Blend, I would get three ounces from both breasts combined in a session. A week after Nursing Blend being in my life and I was able to get six to seven ounces combined each session! Obviously, everyone's results will be different, but these are my results and I am thrilled!

I think it is wonderful to take my vitamins and already have my lactation supports thrown in. I used to take Fenugreek along with my prenatal with my other kids and it was a huge pain. I found myself taking six prenatals and six Fenugreek capsules a day! With the Nursing Blend, I only need to take three a day!

On a personal note, I can really struggle with anxiety due to low Vitamin D levels. I live in Arizona, but we spend a lot of time in the shade or inside. Most multivitamins do not contain enough Vitamin D for me and my doctor recommends at least 2000 iu a day. The nursing blend contains 2800 iu or 700% daily value! That is so amazing, not just for baby, but for mama too! So, as a side note, if you are feeling anxious or depressed, get your Vitamin D levels checked out. I was shocked at how much better I felt once I was on a proper supplement amount. The Fairhaven Health Nursing Blend makes it easy for mama to take care of herself so she can take care of her baby!


I am beyond thrilled with my experience taking the Nursing Blend and you can bet your booty I will be buying more soon!

Get your hands on your own Nursing Blend by heading over to Fairhaven Health. It is $19.95 and free shipping! This is a fabulous price for a high quality vitamin. While you are there, check out their other nursing supplies! I am obsessed with the Nipple Nurture Balm, which sells for $11.95 and is 100% organic! They also sell just a Nursing Postnatal Breastfeeding Multivitamin and a Fenugreek Supplement. I have also heard fabulous things about their Nursing Time Tea, but have not tried it yet.

Love being social? Check out Fairhaven Health's social media outlets:

Facebook
Twitter
Youtube
Pinterest
Google+

You can also live chat with a customer service rep and sign up for their newsletter right on their website. I highly recommend checking them out!

I want to say a huge thank you to the lovely folks over at Fairhaven Health for yet another amazing review opportunity!


Disclaimer: I received free product to review. I was not paid to write this and all opinions are my own!

No comments :

Post a Comment