Thursday, September 9, 2010

Baby Shower Bash #19: HALO SleepSack Swaddle Review

I've always heard about all of the benefits of using swaddle blankets and sleep sacks, I had just never tried any out for myself. Since my baby is now 19 months old, I thought getting the newborn one to review and try out on another baby would be ideal. I feel like I would get the most benefit from it when I have my third as a newborn. I absolutely hate when newborns wriggle out of the swaddle fold they teach you in the hospital. My babies never stayed in it, would get cold and cry. I also always worried about loose blankets in their cradle with them.

The amazing thing to me it that I didn't even know sleep sacks existed when I had my son in 2006! HALO has a SleepSack Swaddle. It combines two brilliant products into one. I had never tried a swaddle blanket either, but this product takes away the need to buy something separate. HALO was sweet enough to send me the 100% Organic Cotton SleepSack Swaddle in the newborn size. Newborn fits from 6-12 pounds and it is a very nice size. I am sure the SleepSacks are supposed to be longer since it's like wearing a blanket. My friend's newborn baby fit in this perfectly and looked so snugly! Since it's 100% organic cotton, I knew it would be luxuriously soft, but this feels amazing. Any baby would love to wear it!

1600 waddle flat copy.jpg

So the concept behind the SleepSack Swaddle is it is a normal sleeveless SleepSack with a swaddle feature that is removable. I love multifunctional products like this because I only have to spend my money on one item that works double time! The 100% Organic Cotton SleepSack Swaddle sells for only $34.95! It is also available in non-organic versions like micro-fleece($29.95) and regular 100% cotton($29.95).

This fit a just born baby like a glove and the baby seemed really happy in it! I cannot wait to try it out on my own new little bundle. I feel truly giddy knowing I no longer will have to worry about annoying blankets coming loose. I can see this product making diaper changes in the middle of the night a breeze as well. Just unhook the swaddle part, unzip, change, zip up and fold over the swaddle flaps!

Don't need a SleepSack Swaddle and still want to use a SleepSack? Not a problem!

Style 867 868 869 870.jpg

The 100% cotton SleepSack wearable blanket comes in prints and solids for $24.95 and they have sizes to fit children from preemie to age 5!

HALO also has their own adorable 100% cotton/100% organic cotton layette!

The SleepSack wearable blanket reduces the risk of rebreathing (the inhalation of carbon dioxide), which has been associated as a possible cause of sudden infant death syndrome. This is a huge piece of reassurance! Lets face it, we have enough to worry about.

I think HALO is an amazing company and how they were started just breaks my heart.

"HALO Innovations, Inc. is dedicated to creating a healthier and safer sleeping environment for adults and children. Founder William Schmid began researching sleeping environments after he lost a daughter to Sudden Infant Death Syndrome in 1991. Since 1994, he and his company have worked to develop products that encourage healthier and safer sleeping as well as bring peace of mind to your home."

I really commend William Schmid for not wanting what happened to his baby girl to happen to others. I am thankful his products exist and that I now know about them. I think anything that can help reduce SIDS is completely worth it!

A percentage of HALO Innovations' profits are donated to First Candle/SIDS Alliance and the Canadian Foundation for the Study of Infant Deaths to fund ongoing SIDS research, education and family support.

I would HIGHLY recommend the SleepSack products offered by HALO to all of my friends and family with little ones. The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests the use of wearable blankets and with HALO, you get exceptional quality as well!

Like HALO on Facebook

Follow HALO on Twitter

A tremendous thank you goes out to the lovely people over at HALO for this incredible and eye-opening review opportunity. And thank you for putting up with my flood and moving!

Disclaimer: I received free product to review. I was not paid to write this and all opinions are my own.

No comments :

Post a Comment