Friday, January 11, 2013

Nuby Mommy Blogger: Hot Safe Feeding Spoons Review



The Hot Safe Feeding Spoons by Nuby were not my first choice to test out. I wanted to test out their Weaning Spoons. Unfortunately, they did not have my first choice available, but I was told these spoons were very similar. I thought I was going to be disappointed since I wasn't feeding a tiny baby anymore. It seemed to me that these spoons were designed for beginning eaters, not 18 month olds. I was worried Josie would hate using them and they would cause a mess. Now that we have tried them out, I have mixed feelings.


I was right in my worries in that I dont think these are best for toddlers who want to feed themselves. I think independent eaters need shorter utensils. We found a whole lot of flinging of food happening over here with these spoons. I have to say, knowing that these are supposed to be similar to the weaning spoons, I am wondering why they would make something called a weaning spoon so unfriendly to toddlers. Keep in mind, I have never seen their Weaning Spoons, so I really have nothing to go off of here, just my own thoughts.

All that being said, I do love the Hot Safe Feeding Spoons. They are extremely sturdy, nice and long to get into a baby food jar and they change color when food is too hot(above 110 degrees). I am excited to get a chance to use these on the baby we are currently expecting in June. I think these are great spoons, just not a great match up for my older toddler.

I am hoping this review can help another mama out there make a good spoon choice. Spoons are always a tricky thing. You never know what is going to work for your child since all kids are different. I am definitely excited to purchase and try out a different Nuby utensil for Josie. I have no doubt it will be a high quality, long lasting product.

Check out the Hot Safe Feeding Spoons on the Nuby website and also be sure to check out the store locator to snag some for yourself!

Here are my past reviews for the Fun Feeding Bowl and Fun Feeding Plate.


I want to say a huge thank you to the lovely folks over at Nuby for yet another fun review opportunity. Once again, thank you for being so patient with me!


Disclaimer: I received free product to review. I was not paid to write this and all opinions are my own!

No comments :

Post a Comment