Monday, March 4, 2013

24 Week Pregnancy Update!

I really wanted to start keeping track of this pregnancy and have some sort of record. I have made it 24 weeks and feel amazing. Up until a week ago, I didn't even feel pregnant. This is baby #4 for us, so I was shocked. With my first two babies, I was sick as a dog and with #3 I was exhausted! This time, I wasn't sick or exhausted or anything! Here's a look at week 24, enjoy!


How far along?  24 weeks! I cannot believe I only have 16 weeks left. We are planning a ton of house projects, so it is scary to think about how fast this pregnancy is going to fly by. It already has been flying by. I am going to be delivering before I know it!


Total weight gain/Measurements? I have not gained any weight yet this pregnancy! I doubt it will stay that way, but I am feeling great. I was already above the weight I wanted to be when I got pregnant because I was still nursing my toddler. I had some fat to spare! I haven't taken any measurements, but will be sure to include them in next weeks update. I had lost 10 pounds initially, but now seem to be maintaining around my pre pregnancy weight.


Maternity clothes: I just bought my first couple maternity clothes this past week! I had some coupons to use at Target and I took advantage! I bought a pair of Liz Lange shorts and 2 tops that I adore. I want to pick up a maxi dress and a pair of jeans as well as a couple of t-shirts, but I am happy with what I have. I am still able to fit into my pre pregnancy jeans but they are definitely snug now! I'd say 24 weeks and just needing maternity clothes isn't that bad.


Stretch marks: I have had three children haha. All the damage was done with my first baby, my giant boy. He was 8 pounds 14 ounces and 22 inches long. My girls have been smaller and no new stretch marks. We do not know the gender of this little baby, but no new stretch marks! wooo! I have been using Burt's Bees Mama Bee Oil as well as Fairhaven Health's DreamBelly Butter but just to help my skin not get more disgusting haha.


Sleep: I am sleeping great! With #3 I had to bust out my pregnancy pillow very early on. I haven't even had to use it yet with this little baby. I am shocked at how great I feel.


Best moment this week: When my 6 year old felt the baby kick for the first time. Little June Bug was moving like crazy and so I told him to feel. As soon as he got a good kick, his face lit up and then he said "She kicked me!"  A she, eh? haha. I can't blame him. He has two sisters, of course he said she. I thought it was adorable! He was so excited.


Movement: It took me FOREVER to feel this baby move. With my first I felt baby around 18 weeks. With #2 it was around 15 weeks and with my third I felt her around 13 weeks. I would feel this baby move like maybe 3 times before hitting 20 weeks. It really freaked me out. I brought it up at my ultrasound and baby was DEFINITELY active haha. When I asked my midwife she said I had a lot of fluid in there. Now at 24 weeks I am feeling baby plenty! We can see movement on the outside. Still haven't felt any hiccups yet though!


Food cravings: CEREAL. The only time I have ever craved cereal was with my son. My husband swears this means the baby is a boy haha! I have been craving lucky charms like crazy and it just hit me out of nowhere! No other real cravings though and trying to keep my cereal ones in check so I dont gain a million pounds.


Anything making you sick? No! No sickness at all this pregnancy! woohoo!


Gender: We have no clue! My husband says boy and he has been right with all of our kids. I am always wrong. I have no preference on gender, but I hope it's a boy for my son. He realllly wants a brother. We have been talking about names though and looking into more family names. We found a boy and girl name we love but nothing is set in stone yet!


Labor signs: No! And I hope they stay away until 40 weeks. I went into labor with my 3rd at 32 weeks and then had to walk around 6 cms dilated for 6 weeks until I had her at 38 weeks. It was NOT fun. She was the only baby this randomly happened with. Here's to hoping it was a fluke!


Symptoms:  I AM having some braxton hicks and I started getting them around 14-15 weeks this pregnancy. They are not painful at all and totally normal. Yesterday I was sore but I had been cleaning like a mad woman all day long, so that is to be expected. Today I feel great again. Totally normal but with a growing belly. With three kids to take care of, this is a blessing!


Belly button in or out?  It's kind of half way in and half out! haha I know it will pop out here soon though because it always does!


Wedding rings on or o? On! I have never had to take them off before :)


Happy or Moody Most of the time? Happy. I feel great!


Most looking forward to:  Hitting the 3rd trimester!

Talk to you all once I finish week 25! I have a midwife appointment on March 11th, the day I turn 26 weeks. I am going to be posting my Week 24 Baby Buys though if anyone else thinks it is fun to see what other people buy for baby! I will be posting these as videos.

Danielle



No comments :

Post a Comment