Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Nuby Mommy Blogger: Rhythm Dual Action Breast Pump and Sanitizer Kit Review

Breastfeeding. Just the simple mention of the word opens up a whole new world of motherhood. When I first started breastfeeding my first child six and a half years ago, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I knew I needed nursing pads and that was about it! We had received some gift cards from our shower and I decided I NEEDED a breast pump. Everyone told me to get one and so I figured I had to have one. We went to Walmart and bought literally the cheapest electric pump there. I don't think it was more than $30.00. I thought I was getting a killer deal and was so happy with how cheap it was. I didn't look into it's functions at all. Like I said, it's easy to get overwhelmed as a first time mom, and especially with breastfeeding thrown into the mix. There are so many products out there geared towards breastfeeding moms that its hard to figure out what you really need and what you don't. Lets just say I used that breast pump once, hated it and never used it again. I went on a tirade against all breast pumps. I told everyone they were worthless. Little did I know, it REALLY depends on the pump.


Over the years I have added two more gorgeous kids to my family and have had the opportunity to borrow and try out a few different breast pumps and I have nothing but great things to say now. They are SO handy. I am so glad my mind has been changed about breast pumps in general because I think every breastfeeding mom needs one in their baby arsenal.


I was recently sent the Nuby Rhythm Dual Action Breast Pump and Sanitizer Kit for review as part of the Nuby Mommy Blogger program and I am blown away with all the features of this pump. I had no idea that Nuby even made breastfeeding products. More people need to know about them and I am here to spread the word about how wonderful they are! Lets talk about each feature of the pump first and then I will talk more about my experience.


Here is the electric pump with personalized programing unit attached.

I have never seen a pump come with a sterilizer before! I was so thrilled this pump included one.


Here is a close up shot of the 5 ounce natural nurser nipple. I love how it looks so much like a real nipple.

Here are the battery pack and adapter to plug it into the wall.

This pump also comes with a stand to set the pump in so it wont tip over, as well as the manual breast pump hood and handle.

They also throw in 6 of their disposable nursing pads, which I happen to adore!

Here is a close up shot of the pump in manual mode. I love that you don't have to use it in electric mode. Sometimes a manual pump is all you need. And it is super easy to switch out the parts.

Included with the pump are spare parts. These suckers are easy to lose, so I am glad they threw in extras!

And you also get the instruction manual and the hygienic cover for traveling.


Here is a full on shot of the pump in manual mode. 

I could not be more thrilled with this breast pump. It blows the first pump I ever used right out of the water. I mean, there is no comparison. With the Rhythm pump, I have options. I can use it as a manual pump, I can use batteries or I can plug it in. I love that it fits my needs as a stay at home mom. I don't need a heavy duty double pump. And I love that it fits into my budget! For everything you get, this pump is a steal. Right now, it is listed at $77.09 with free shipping on amazon.com.


Not only is it versatile and affordable, but it works like a charm. I prefer it in manual mode right now. I am currently nursing my 25 month old and am due in two weeks with baby #4. I have only used this pump to express a little for my older child and it has worked amazingly well. My milk supply is not what is should be right now since I am getting ready to start a new breastfeeding journey, but I am able to pump a good deal of colostrum to freeze with no issues. I think it is pretty impressive that I am able to get as much colostrum as I have with this pump only in manual mode. Because I am so close to my due date, I have not been using the electric mode, but I did try it out a couple of times when I first received the pump and it has excellent suction and power. It is completely programmable to what you need at any point in breastfeeding. I love that it's not just a dial that you have to figure out which is fast and which is slow and there really is no in between mode. My first pump was that way and it was horrible. It either did not work or it hurt! With this pump in electric mode, there is no worry of it hurting you. You are in charge of the strength and speed. Lately I have preferred it in manual mode because its so user friendly and more portable. Granted, you can use this pump with batteries and be just as portable. 


The Rhythm pump is also very easy to clean. With my first pump, I was buying micro steam sterilizer bags to try to get all the pieces super clean. It was a huge pain having to buy those bags. With this pump, that is not even on my radar. It comes with it's own sterilizer and it is very roomy. I love how I can fit all the parts I need in it with absolutely zero issues getting it closed. The pump pops apart with no problems and all of the pieces are also very easy to put back when everything is nice and clean. I'm usually an idiot when it comes to these kinds of things and I had no trouble at all putting everything back together when I was done. If you do have trouble, the handy instruction guide clearly shows you what is what.


My favorite feature of this pump has to be its ability to customize and store your own personal pumping rhythm. It has a fast flow and a slow flow. Some women need a faster rhythm and some need a slower rhythm. Whatever pumping speed you need, you can set the pumps programing unit to remember your own combination of fast and slow. The next time you need to pump all you have to do is push a button and the work is done. I love that it takes all the guess work out of pumping. Once you figure out just what you need to get the most milk, you don't have to try to remember it. This pump remembers for you and is a blessing for us busy moms! Pumping takes enough time as it is. I didn't get to use this feature a ton, but I am thrilled to get to use it again with my little one due any day now. It's going to be a lifesaver for me having four kids at home! I also just adore that all of the pieces in this pump kit are BPA free.


The Rhythm Pump is such a blessing in my life. We are unsure what we want to do about tandem nursing two kiddos and I love knowing I can express my milk not only for the new bundle of joy I am about to welcome, but also for my older child. I can pump and put my milk in a sippy cup for her. Having this option available to me in such an effortless way is just a God send. I know I wouldn't be willing to do this if I had to use a horrible pump that killed my nipples every time. It's a weight off my shoulders knowing this option is available to us if Josie needs it. It is also a huge relief knowing I can build a freezer stash for baby #4 to have on hand if anyone else needs to feed him or her. I know I will be using breastfeeding friendly bottles that are also really easy to clean. The bottles and nipples that come with this pump are extremely user friendly. This does not surprise me, since everything about this product line seems to be. There are no complicated valves or pieces to mess with and I love that!


Want a Rhythm pump of your very own? Your best bet is to purchase on amazon.com. It is also available at www.buybabydirect.com, www.kohls.com, and www.idealbaby.com.


For more information about Nuby's Rhythm pump or any of their product lines, follow the links below:







I love how available they are on so many different social media websites. If you have a question for them, ask away! They are extremely helpful and knowledgeable. 


I want to say a huge thank you to the lovely folks over at Nuby for allowing me to review the Rhythm pump and participate once again in their Mommy Blogger Program. This program has been nothing but fun for me and a huge eye opener. Like I said, I had no idea Nuby even produced pumps! I am so thrilled I get to help spread the word about these amazing products.


Disclaimer:
I did not receive any compensation for this post, although as part of this program I may receive items to sample or review.

No comments :

Post a Comment