Wednesday, September 25, 2013

September 25, 2013 Daily Diary

Today was a slow start for the Conner family, but we were determined to make it a good day. Michael woke up with a headache. This is a normal occurrence for him and something I am concerned about. He turns 7 on October 10th and has his 7 year check-up October 14th and I cannot wait to bring this up to his pediatrician. I am hoping it's nothing and that he just inherited his mama's migraines. They seriously suck. Has anyone else ever had to deal with headaches and their little ones?

His headache had him miserable and whiny, so I resolved not to stress out. We will get done what we can get done. Don't sweat the small stuff, right?

We spent the morning watching cartoons while I pumped for Lawson. I've been on a mission to increase my milk supply and recently purchased a Medela Pump in Style. I am in love with it! Lawson has also been eating like crazy the past couple of days, so I am hoping that helps boost things as well. Supply and demand! I've also been taking 2 fenugreek capsules a day. I've never taken this before and it's not something I want to stay on since I cannot donate milk while taking it. I really cannot wait until I am at a point to be able to donate milk as that is something I have always wanted to do. 

Homeschool was successful, although I didn't get everything done that I wanted to. That's the beauty of being able to homneschool my kids though. We live our life, and today life consisted of a headache. Instead of lots of work we needed lots of laugh and fun.

We worked on history, lots of math, reading and a craft project. I absolutely adore these craft kits. The ones my kids are doing in the pictures scattered in this blog post are from Carefree Crafts. They send you new craft kits every month and they are super affordable. Speaking of crafts, I recently placed a giant order with Oriental Trading company and it came today! yay!

The rest of our day consisted of mama cleaning up and starting dinner, Lawson nursing every hour and napping all day(hello growth spurt!) and my big kids playing outside. Their laughter melts my heart. It's the little things, like jumping on a trampoline, that really matter. I am truly blessed being a stay at home mom.

After outside play came dinner, baths for all the kiddos, bedtime stories and bed. I always stay up far too late enjoying the silence and planning my next day. Anyone else stay up entirely too late?

I think we DID succeed in making it a good day, even if it was super simple. Sometimes we need days like that.

Sleep sweet

Danielle

No comments :

Post a Comment